Friendly reminder participation is mandatory for this event, options on how to participate are below:
- Our "no sort" bottle drive this year will be Sunday January 3rd from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at 4400 Blenkinsop Rd (Morning Fresh Eggs).
- Fill up your large plastic bags provided to you and drop them off during the time above - no need to stay and sort.
- We will be following covid safety protocols, so please wear a mask for drop off.
- Here is a link to what bottles and containers are accepted: https://bottledepot.ca/we-recycle/beverage-containers/
Options to participate if you cannot attend on January 3rd:
- Bring your donation to any of the three Bottle Depots in town and request that the proceeds are credited towards the Saanich Skating Club of Victoria name. Please submit us a receipt with you skaters name written on it to show that you have dropped off bottles. The receipt can be dropped off when your skater checks in with their health screening form at the beginning of their skating session.
- Provide a financial contribution in lieu, suggested to be in the range of $10-$20. Please e-transfer your contribution and note which skater you are contributing for in the information line so that we can track it. E-transfer to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thrifty Food Smile Cards
- Remember to load up the Thrifty Foods Smile Cards provided to you when you shop. Thrifty Foods will donate 5% to the club! There is no cost to you.
- Ask the cashier to load any amount you wish on the card before having your grocery order rung through. Pay for the card load with cash, debit card or credit card. Ring the grocery order through and pay for the order with your Smile Card.
- When the card balance is running low, load it again to continue to support the club every time you shop.